Monday, October 31, 2011

"Psskkk... the Eagle is now in the Nest"

[If you haven't read my earlier post about the benefits of having a scholarship, then this won't make any sense. I suggest you go back and read it, along with the rest of my blog (which is missing because I've just moved it- sorry guys!) if you know whats good for you.]

Is this a joke? Really, am I being Punk'd or something? I don't know why anyone would want to live at the "Eagles Landing" community in boring old Charlottesville, Virginia. It's only won the "Best Student Housing Property Award", no big deal. If it was that good, someone would've created a new award for it. Eagles Landing has a description of it on  the website, but let me give you a real tour.
    
I don't get why they bothered fully furnishing it with a microwave, refrigerator, AC and other stuff we don't really need, either. I was kind of looking forward to bringing my replica Leg Lamp (A Christmas Story) to college, but it might overshadow the resort style design of the place. I mean just look at it, it's hideous!


Why would anyone want to live here?
 
Ew.

    
















I'm not too happy with the free cable and HBO either. If they really wanted me to be happy, they would've included other movie channels like Starz, Cinemax, and AMC. What does HBO have? Award winning shows like Boardwalk Empire, first releases in movies, and a bunch of extra specials you can't see anywhere else? In short: nothing.

And when they say "Free Shuttle Service to UVA and Peidmont", they're really implying that I can't drive. They just expect me to leave my car in their fully accessible parking lot and ride along with no extra charge. Is it because I'm a woman or something? And I'm not capable of driving myself to school? Hmmm? Keep your complimentary shuttle service to yourself.


Warning: This room may ruin your freshman experience.
 I'm also convinced Eagles Landing is trying to ruin my college experience. Everyone knows the best part of college is gaining the "Freshman 15". I've looked forward to it my whole life. But now with this fully equipped gym and fitness center, I don't think I'll be able to live that experience. Thanks, Eagles Landing.

Bombarded with all these complimentary services, recreation rooms, and resort style designs; I think I'm better off living in an actual nest.

7 comments:

  1. Hey check facebook if you haven't already, you won the scholarship! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon #1: Sorry, not into that kind of stuff
    Anone #2: Thank you! and for the heads up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! This was way better than my entry, admittedly...

    I mean seriously, who'd want to live THERE? I bet they even have a pool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Short and nice. I like your entry. Congratulations on the win :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thattagen: Hahah.Seriously, what are they getting at? And thanks!

    Adrienne: Thank you!!

    Christian: Thank you too!!

    ReplyDelete